Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4th Picks

   Not a lot I like today, but here are a few games you may want to consider. It's been a while since I've updated the blog anyway... So today will be a good day to break the ice.

Streakhelp's Picks

Pick #1 Temple Owls win or single digit loss

   Not sure why all the love for Duke, all I know is Temple is no pushover. It could very well go either way, but 95+% on Duke is a little ridiculous I think. Temple is playing at home at 9-3, with their only bad loss to Bowling Green. Their other two losses came to decent teams (Purdue and Texas). One of which was on the road (Texas). Temple has generated a pretty good local fanbase this season, so I think homecourt advantage definitely implies to this game. This one should come down to the wire, I'll take my chances with Temple. Good luck whatever you do, this post is to mostly warn you not to get completely  caught up with the sheep. Duke stands a good shot as well, but not like the percentages make it out to be.

Pick #2 Clemson Tigers

 Clemson has been a better team this year in my opinion. They began getting some doubters from both critics and average college football fans after two blowout losses to NC State (37-13) and rival South Carolina (34-13) in their final two games of the season. However, after a 38-10 punishing ACC Championship win over then #5 Virginia Tech, Clemson has developed some hype going into this game. With current situations I really like Clemson.

8 comments:

  1. About time. Love the posts, you guys keep up the good work! Will you post tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a couple soccer probs tomorrow. Can u post one that u like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the Temple pick - I was thinking about fading the sheep on that one, but decided to go with Toronto. And I thought Clemson/WV would be close, but that was clearly wrong.

    I hope you find times to continue posting picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Otto, Its good to hear from you. My account got banned on the SFTC message boards a few months ago so I havn't been able to communicate within the streakhelp group or on the boards for a while.

    That Clemson game was crazy though. I feel bad for the Clemson fans who put all their money into going to see the game. West Virginia looked phenomenal.

    Anonymous and Abovetherim24, I'm going to try to get a post up tomorrow. I'm not sure what I will have yet but I will look into the soccer picks for you abovetherim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work. Still read your blog almost every day. Why did you get banned on SFTC message boards?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can message sftc. And they will unbann you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Guys, I really like your posts and hate to bash ya, but this type of blog "NEEDS" to be updated daily in order to be effective. Nobody benefits from posts every other day, missing many picks (some which are very easy picks)

    I commend you for putting this much effort into it, seeing as I have a full-time job and do not have any time during the week to to any analysis...but it just sucks when ya miss a day especially since everyday of the month is crucial in $FTC

    ReplyDelete