Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

February 1st Picks



Pick #1 Georgetown Hoyas


     Mainly for the sake of them being at home. However UConn is in a bit of a slump right now. Overall these teams matchup pretty evenly. UConn ranks 141st in points per game, 39th in rebounds, 122nd in assists and 53rd in feild goal percent; countered by Georgetown's 103rd in ppg, 124th in rebounds, 102 in assists and 54th in feild goal percent. After starting the season 12-1, UConn has lost 5 of their last 7 games, and has lost their last three games to unranked opponents (Cinci, Tennessee and Notre Dame). Playing Georgwtown on the road is probably going to be a pretty tough way to break the trend. However, Georgetown hasn't been spectacular either as of late. The Hoyas are 3-3 in their last 6 games, including a 68-64 loss at home to Cinci (who beat UConn as well on the road). Obviously both teams are struggling a little right now, but I would put my money on the team who has struggled the least and has homecourt advantage. Hoyas is my pick.

Possibly more to come...

10 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back streakhelper! I will be picking Georgetown as well, hopefully after I win a soccer pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet you're back. Good pick last night to. Unfortunately I passed it up and went with Chicago. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See anything you like for tonight's picks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa Clara is my favorite pick of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first glance that Santa Clara pick looked really good, but their leading scorer, Kevin Foster (17ppg)is expected not to play. He's been out for several games already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about Washington Huskies over UCLA at 905pm?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks mandejapan, I noticed that too and will skip that one. Washington looks like a pretty good pick, as do the Bulls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I decided to go with the Bulls. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to take Duke but they scare me. Going with the Huskies I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good thing we didn't go with that Santa Clara pick. They were winning the game until near the last few minutes.

    ReplyDelete