Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 19th Picks (More Tomorrow)

October 18th Results


Bayern Munich to win- Loss (1-1 draw, Scored a goal for Napoli, as well as a goal for themselve 2 minutes into the game)
Dallas Stars- Win (won 3-2)
Monterrey win or draw- Win (won 2-1)


Record for day 2-1
Record for Month 23-13


 I will get a lot more up in the afternoon, but here is what I have for now.


Pick #1 Marseille win or draw

  Marseille has a lot to play for in this match. A win would clinch them a top spot in their group, and with them at home and the draw option I think they are the pick. They look aweful on paper (1-6-3,  -2 goal difference and 9 goals), but Arsenal has struggled as well (3-1-4,  -5 goal difference and 10 goals). Plus, Arsenal has some significant injuries; Bacary Sagna, Kieran Gibbs, and Thomas Vermaelen (all good defenders) are out. Similar to the Monterrey pick, I sense sheep. Marseille to me looks like a better pick than Arsenal. Win or lose, I'll take my chances with them...


Pick #2 Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto (3-0-1) will go into this game hosting the struggling Winnipeg Jets (1-3-0) at home. You have to go with Toronto right now at this point in the season. They have played exceptionally well and I don't see any reason why they would slow down tonight. Toronto outranks the Jets majorly in every category. Plus with them at home, I just don't see how you could pick against them. I don't feel like I really need to write a whole lot to convince you. Toronto all the way.



Email: streakhelp@yahoo.com

Group: http://streak.espn.go.com/en/group?groupID=189776&entryID=4321690

Personal Entry: http://streak.espn.go.com/en/entryStats?entryID=4321690

2 comments:

  1. Lol tough break on a 90' goal but that's the Gunners for you. Tried to warn you about those home teams that get the Win/Draw option but hey even I thought Marseille was the pick there.

    But Chelsea beat Racing Genk by 5-0 (prop only called for by 3+ goals) and naturally I picked against the Blues, thinking them at half strength wouldn't win by that much facing a team actually playing their starters and trying to win. But I guess that's just the difference in talent between an English premier league team and a Belgian Juliper (WTF?) League team.

    Any thoughts on WIN/TOR and Comunicaciones/Herediano?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I know man. I cant take much more of this SFTC Soccer insanity (Bayern yesterday).

    and yeah, I'm rollong with Toronto for now... I'll look at some other picks as well

    Comunicaciones and Herediano dont have a lot to play for tonight, so I'm not really sure what to expect from either team yet. I'll look into it a little more

    ReplyDelete